• English Language classes & tutoring
• Art Walk
• Farm Workers Welcome Day
• Book Distribution Program
• Project Connect – Community ID project
• 2nd Annual Dia de los Muertos Play
• Latino Night collaboration with the Latino Student Union
• Book Fiesta
• Bilingual Book Reading at Crim Elem.
• Habitat for Humanity Partnership
• Migrant Farmer Day
• Concociendonos – Welcome Picnic
• Language Translation Services
To find out more about these ongoing initiatives, please see our event history at: http://laconexionwc.wordpress.com
We conclude this 2014 year with a number of projects:
• In partnership with the Wood County Public Library, we will be doing Spanish-Language computer classes to improve computer literary within the Latino/a community in November and December.
• Partnering with the Latino Student Union on their 2nd annual Holiday Toy Drive benefiting Latino/a families in Wood County.
We invite you to join us on December 7th, at our Holidays Across the Americas event to celebrate this year’s accomplishments. Additional information about the event is enclosed.
In addition, this past August, La Conexión completed and filed the paperwork with the IRS to be considered an official 501©3 organization and officially elected a Board of Directors. We are pleased to share that our application has been approved and we are an official 501©3 organization. This will provide La Conexión greater opportunities for growth.
As we conclude this 2014 year, we started a formal pledge drive and are asking for your financial support to help us continue in our work and mission to help the Latino/a community in Wood County. Any amount would be greatly appreciated, and your donation would be tax-deductible. Donation checks should be made out to La Conexión de Wood County and sent to La Conexión, P. O. Box 186, Bowling Green, OH 43402.
Thanks again for your support and we look forward to 2015 and beyond.
Al Gonzalez Beatriz Maya
President, Managing Director
La Conexión de Wood County La Conexión de Wood County