Several events will take place Friday, Sept. 19 through Sunday, Sept. 21, 2014 to celebrate “50 Years of Wow!” Most of the events are free, unless otherwise mentioned. Registration is required by Wednesday, Sept. 17. To register, visit Tinyurl.com/UT50YearsOfWow or call 419.530.2452.
The schedule for the weekend includes:
Friday, Sept. 19
- Bernie’s Bash, 4 to 7 p.m. in the Center for Performing Arts. Dr. Bernie Coyne, department founder and former chair, will get things started with a welcoming reception. Food is provided, and a cash bar will be available.
- Evening Party, 6:30 p.m. to midnight at the Toledo Club, 235 14th St. Check out animation created by UT film students, and enjoy music by country-rock and rhythm and blues band, Mustang Sally. In the red room, local jazz musicians Candice Coleman, “American Idol” semifinalist, and Chris Brown will perform. UT will provide a free shuttle to the event, with the last bus leaving the Toledo Club at 10 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 20
- Historical walking tours of the Center for Performing Arts, 10 a.m. to noon. Check out the installation of photos, posters, programs, memorabilia, costumes and more from recent and historical productions.
- Cabaret in the Afternoon, noon to 3 p.m. in the Center for Performing Arts. Enjoy performances and films by current students, past performers, alumni and others. The event includes a free lunch and a cash bar will be available.
- Cocktail Hour, 6:30 p.m. at the Toledo Club. Cost is $45 per person; payment is required in advance.
- After-Dinner Program, 8:30 p.m. Tributes and memories will be shared.
Sunday, Sept. 21
- Brunch, 10 a.m. to noon at the Toledo Club. Cost is $20 at the door.
- “Pirates of Penzance,” 2:30 p.m. at the Toledo Repertoire Theatre, 16 10th St. Tickets are $15 with online registration.
For more information, visit utoledo.edu/comm-arts/theatrefilm or Facebook.com/UTTheatreFilm.