June 3, 2014: The Board of Trustees of Toledo Community Foundation approved $240,173 in grants from its Community Funds to nine nonprofit organizations.
Grants from the Foundation’s unrestricted funds (aka Community Funds) are considered two times annually, and are awarded only to nonprofit, charitable organizations. The next deadline for receipt of proposals is September 15, 2014.
Toledo Community Foundation is the largest philanthropic organization in Northwest Ohio, committed to building healthy communities and promoting the responsible stewardship of resources.
Grants were recently awarded to the following organizations:
· Advocates for Basic Legal Equality, Inc. – was awarded $50,000 to support the Hot-Spotting project of the Medical-Legal Partnership for Children.
· Bittersweet, Inc. – was awarded $19,500 to support the culinary program.
· Diocese of Toledo –was awarded $10,000 to support the Padua Center’s Restoring Possibilities program.
· Economic and Community Development Institute, Inc. – was awarded $35,000 to support the expansion of the Toledo office.
· Friendly Center, Inc. – was awarded $27,073 to support the Windows to the World weekend program for youth educational enrichment.
· Kids Unlimited – was awarded $50,000 to support after school tutoring at Toledo Public Schools’ Old West End Academy.
· Read for Literacy, Inc. – was awarded $20,500 to support the Creating Family Readers program.
· The University Church – was awarded $25,000 to support the Reynolds Elementary Outreach Initiative.
· Children’s Resource Center – was awarded $3,100 to support the youth financial literacy program.
For more information about Toledo Community Foundation, visit www.toledocf.org
The Center for Nonprofit Resources Awards Capacity Building Grants total $20,947
June 6, 2014: The Board of Trustees of Toledo Community Foundation recently approved The Center for Nonprofit Resources (The Center) Capacity Building Grants totaling $20,947 to improve the capacity and sustainability of organizations serving underrepresented populations in Northwest Ohio.
The Center, a collaboration of Toledo Community Foundation and United Way of Greater Toledo, announced the award capacity building grants to three area nonprofit organizations in the following dollar amounts: Adelante, Inc. - $4,376, Catholic Club - $13,000, and Sofia Quintero Art & Cultural Center - $3,571.
Toledo Community Foundation and United Way of Greater Toledo initiated The Center for Nonprofit Resources to effect capacity building for area nonprofits. The work of The Center includes an information and resource center, high quality professional development with certificate programs and one-on-one technical assistance for nonprofit agencies in our region, as well as providing support for grant making programs for individual capacity building efforts and strategic alliances to support nonprofit sustainability.
For further information about the Capacity Building Grant program, contact Michelle Klinger at The Center for Nonprofit Resources, 419.241-9513, [email protected] or visit www.c4npr.org.