Weatherhead School of Management offers free tax assistance program to help eligible residents
CLEVELAND: Appointments now can be made for the tax assistance program at
Case Western Reserve University´s Weatherhead School of Management, in
which volunteers prepare and file for free basic federal and state income
tax returns for residents of Cuyahoga County with incomes less than $49,000.
The program, in conjunction with the Cuyahoga Earned Income Tax Credit
Coalition, provides electronic filing of returns prepared by volunteers who
are IRS-trained and certified. The volunteers are mostly Weatherhead School
Appointments can be scheduled *online*<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFVF99>
or by *email* <[email protected]> for March 22 and 29 and April 5 and 12, 2013, from 2 to 5 p.m. each day. All appointments will be held in the Peter B. Lewis
Building, 11119 Bellflower Rd., on the Case Western Reserve campus.
If filing jointly, both individuals must be present in order to e-file;
otherwise a paper form will be available to take home and sign. Interested persons should bring the following:
· Photo ID
· W-2 forms for all wages earned in 2012, 1098, 1099, 1042-S, 8233 or W-9 forms
· Social Security card, SSN Statement or SSA-109 or Individual Taxpayer Identification
Number - ITIN for all listed on return
· Birth dates for all listed on the return
· Copy of last year´s federal and state returns
· Any other relevant tax information about income and expenses including any
correspondence received from the IRS in 2012
· Bank account number and bank´s routing number for e-file direct deposit
· Adjusted Gross Income (listed on prior return or can get from IRS).
For more information, contact Janice Liu at (216) 785-1790 or Bairong Zhang
at (216) 678-0831.