New workshops for parents with children ages 0-5 and new Men’s and Dads’ Parent Clubs are on tap for DPS parents through newly expanded parenting programming at the district’s 8 Parent Resource Centers in December!
DPS is supporting parents with children 0-5 years of age through activities that kicked off today, Monday, December 3, to help parents discover new ways to nurture, teach and play. The workshops, offered every Monday, include:
· A playgroup for toddlers and babies with music and movement;
· Parent Café: Adult group discussions on the importance of the development of your child’s five senses;
· Baby & Me Workshop with an End-of-the-Year Celebration and take- home craft.
The kick-off event was held today where all parents were invited to jam with their babies and learn how babies and toddlers learn through Music& Play!
Men’s and Dads’ Parent Club Workshops/Activities include:
* Family Relationships: Bonding activities for dads and kids – Bond while they learn and keep busy; and Parenting on a Budget: Money does not dictate that you can’t parent.
* Sports and more: Connecting learning and sports – Score! Everybody wins.
* Real Men Live: Managing stress –Women, Money and You; Looking good – Finding a healthy weight and feeling good on the inside; and Healthy living – Guide and tips to healthy living and why.