Photo Competition determines winning image on 2013 Wildlife Stamp
The fourth annual Ohio Wildlife Legacy Stamp photo contest is underway, challenging resident photographers to enter their best snapshots of a Carolina or black-capped chickadee. The winning photograph will be featured on the Ohio Wildlife Legacy Stamp to be issued March 1, 2013.
The contest is open to Ohio residents, ages 18 years and older, and a cash prize will be awarded to the winning photographer. Young photographers, age 17 and under, are also encouraged to submit their photographs. The winner in the youth category will not be awarded a cash prize, but will receive Web and print recognition.
The $15 Ohio Wildlife Legacy Stamp will be available for purchase online March 1 at wildohio.com. Purchasing the stamp supports restoration of endangered and threatened wildlife species, research projects, land purchases and conservation easements as well as educational products for students and wildlife enthusiasts.
“The Legacy Stamp is a great way for anyone who enjoys wildlife to make a direct investment in the future of Ohio’s diverse wildlife population,” said Scott Zody, chief of the Ohio Department of Natural Resources’ (ODNR) Division of Wildlife.
Each year, a collectible stamp depicting a different animal is issued to highlight the diversity of Ohio’s natural world. Last year, Nina Harfmann from Pleasant Plain won the third annual contest with her photograph of a spotted salamander.
Discover more about the stamp by visiting wildohiostamp.com or calling 800-WILDLIFE.
- This contest is open to Ohio residents, age 18 and older.
- One $500 cash prize will be awarded to the winning photographer.
- Youth up to 17 years of age may submit photos for Web and magazine recognition.
- Photos must be submitted by mail or hand-delivered during business hours to ODNR Division of Wildlife, 2045 Morse Road, Building G, Columbus, Ohio 43229-6693.
- Photo submissions will be accepted by mail Aug. 13-24.
- Each photo must be accompanied by a completed entry form and $12 submission fee.
Complete contest rules are available at wildohiostamp.com. Employees of ODNR and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.