The Toledo Area Regional Transit Authority will hold a public hearing at 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., and 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 11, 2012, in the Authority's offices at 1127 West Central Avenue, Toledo, Ohio, for the purpose of discussing with the public, information on service modifications of various routes to be effective Sunday, June 10, 2012. The site is accessible to persons with mobility impairments, and interpretive services for the hearing-impaired will be provided upon request. Individuals wishing to comment in person on the proposed changes should be present.
Proposed Service Changes:
Possible changes to routes serving eastern Toledo:
- Interlining of routes 12 Front with 13 Starr and routes 11 Oak with 14 East Broadway to improve frequency, provide broader coverage and connections for travel within the area.
- Service extension to the new Hollywood Casino when it is open for business via route 11/14 Oak/East Broadway weekdays and route 11/12/13/14 East Toledo evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Primary use of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Bridge to downtown for all routes to avoid further route changes due to the scheduled Anthony Wayne Bridge construction work.
- Route 10 Rossford Call-A-Ride will have scheduled trips to the new the Hollywood Casino when it is open for business
- Make route 28 Indiana service to the new TARPS facility by the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Train Station a permanent change.
- Routes 16C Stickney/Central and 16K Stickney/Ketchum/Manhattan Plaza: Due to the closure of major commercial tenants at Manhattan Plaza, merge the two routes and extend the service to the Kroger plaza on Suder and the Meijer store on Alexis via Benore Road without having to travel downtown to transfer buses.
- Route 27N Nebraska/Southwyck Blvd.: In response to service requests, change the southern portion of the route to serve the area on Angola Rd., Wenz Rd. and Airport Hwy. back to Reynolds Rd., heading northbound along the existing route to downtown.
Previous plans to make changes to route 34H Holland Road/Maumee-Arrowhead have been withdrawn for future consideration.
Maps and further details are posted online at TARTA.com and available at the TARTA main office.
Comments may also be made by writing to James K. Gee, General Manager, Toledo Area Regional Transit Authority, P.O. BOX 792, Toledo, OH 43697-0792. All comments must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 20, 2012, to be included as part of the official record for final route adjustments and implementation purposes.
More information is available at TARTA.com and by calling 419.243.RIDE.