Take the stress out of filling for student aid by attending a FAFSA Filing Fair hosted by Lorain County Community College. LCCC’s financial aid experts will help students and parents complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The events are free and open to anyone interested in attending any college or university.
FAFSA Filing Fairs will be held:
• 4-7 p.m., Thursday, January 19 at The Midpoint Campus Center, 50 Pearl Rd, Brunswick;
• 1-4 p.m., Sunday, February 12 in the Barbara and Mike Bass Library/Community Resource Center on LCCC’s Elyria campus;
• 4-7 p.m., Thursday, February 23 at the LCCC Wellington Center, 151 Commerce Dr., Wellington;
• 4-7 p.m., Wednesday, March 7 at the LCCC Learning Center in St. Joseph’s Community Center, 250 W. 20th St., Suite M590, Lorain.
Attendees are asked to bring the following:
• Completed 2011 tax forms (1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ) for student and parents. Bring estimates if unable to complete taxes;
• 2011 yearly totals for untaxed income such as TANF, social security, ADC, Asset information and child support;
• Complete as much of the FAFSA worksheet as possible. Worksheets and FAFSA forms can be downloaded from the FAFSA website at www.fafsa.gov
Reservations are required by calling (440) 366-4505 or (800) 995-5222 extension 4505.