The PC vs. Mac debate can become quickly heated with devotees on both sides arguing their preferred system is superior. Both systems offer a great computing experience that has, in recent years, become more similar than dissimilar. Here are some points to help you choose between a Mac and a PC:
- Allows you to run OSX and Windows (legally);
- Macs are less prone to computer viruses;
- Out of the box, Macs are not loaded with trials and additional software that could slow down your computer by 25%;
- Purchasing a Mac gives you Apple Store support (vs. calling some foreign country);
- Macs are trend-setting, designed well, and visually appealing.
- PCs are generally cheaper in price, starting at $499. Mac starts at $999;
- Branded PCs are a wide market (HP, Dell, Acer, Compaq, Toshiba, Gateway, etc.) There are really 6 types of Mac. MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, iMac, MacPro;
- PCs are better gaming machine (more compatible than most Macs);
- More people use PC, thus having a larger support community.
To answer your question-- Mac or PC? Well… it really is a personal preference. Not what people want to hear but that’s the truth. Good luck! : )