Lucas County Children Services seeking foster and adoptive families
The LCCS agency is presently seeking adults and families who can provide loving and stable homes for youth with behavioral, developmental or physical challenges and groups of three or more brothers and sisters.
Qualifying to be a foster or adoptive parent is easier than you think:
* Must be at least 18 years of age to adopt; 21 to become a foster parent;
* Can be married or single;
* Can own or rent your home;
* Can work outside the home;
* Don’t have to earn a lot of money, just enough to support yourself;
* Need a safety inspection for your home;
* Agree to a background check;
* Receive free training;
* Receive financial support, based on your child’s needs.
Lucas County Children Services (LCCS) is making it easy for adults interested in becoming foster or adoptive parents to attend its upcoming free training classes.
An accelerated training session takes place on six consecutive weekdays, from June 21 through June 28, 2010. The all-day (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) classes cover two topics each day. To register for the free classes, which are required for anyone seeking to become a foster or adoptive parent, call 419-213-3336 or visit www.lucaskids.net. Additional training sessions will be offered in September and October.