Green Jobs Day at LCCC presents Sustainability Issues
A Green Jobs Day at Lorain County Community College will present sustainability issues that are occurring in Lorain County and across the region. The Green Jobs Day will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Tuesday, November 3, 2009, in the LCCC Stocker Arts Center cinema hall.
“This is a great opportunity for everyone to learn about organizations, companies and legislative initiatives that promote sustainability, new technologies and ‘green’ job opportunities in Northeast Ohio,” said LCCC Assistant Professor James Beil.
The Green Jobs Day topics are:
• “It’s Time To Get Real” at 11 a.m. by Daniel Hull of the Climate Protection Action Fund;
• Great Lakes Energy Development Task Force at 11:20 a.m. by Mike Challender;
• Apollo Alliance at noon by Shanelle Smith;
• Comprehensive Green Projects in the Oberlin Community at 12:45 p.m. by Cheryl Wolfe of Oberlin College;
• LCCC Alternative Energy Technology – Wind Turbine Major at 1:45 p.m. by Duncan Estep, Assistant Professor of Engineering Technologies at LCCC;
• “Is Your Career Sustainable? Green Jobs are all about innovation and sustainability. What are you doing today to create a meaningful and sustainable career for tomorrow?” at 2:15 p.m. by Marcia Jones of LCCC’s Employment and Career Services office.
There will be information booths from all of the presenters, including the Baldwin Wallace College sustainability program, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Stocker Arts Center lobby. The event is free and open to the public.
For more information, call LCCC assistant professor James Beil at (440) 366-4771 or email him at [email protected].