Meditation and Yoga classes @ Your Library
Get involved with two free summer programs at the Toledo-Lucas County Public Library, one involving yoga and the other meditation.
Yoga on the Roof: The word yoga means “union” in Sanskrit, the language of ancient India where yoga originated. Introductory yoga classes will take place atop Main Library’s Civic Plaza rooftop, 325 Michigan St. In case of inclement weather, the class will be held indoors on the first level in the Huntington Meeting Room at Main Library.
- Tuesday, July 14 - 7-8 p.m., Instructor: Jenn McCullough
- Tuesday, July 21 - 7-8 p.m., Instructor: Laura Schank
- Wednesday, August 12 - 7-8 p.m., Instructor: Renee Small
- Wednesday, August 19 - 7-8 p.m., Instructor: Kathie Jaskolski
Midsummer Meditation Programs: If you are curious about meditation, then join us for an evening series of introductory meditation and find out if it’s right for you. According to the Meditation Society of America, meditation is a three-step process that leads to a state of consciousness that brings serenity, clarity, and bliss. Like our Yoga on the Roof classes, meditation sessions will take place atop the Civic Plaza rooftop, with the exception of inclement weather, when classes will be held indoors on the first level in the Huntington Meeting Room at Main Library. See page two for class schedule:
- Monday, July 6 – 7-8 p.m., Instructor: Caitlin Layman
- Monday, July 13 – 7-8 p.m., Instructor: Pat Carroll
- Monday, July 20 – 7-8 p.m., Instructor: Jay Rinsen Weik
For more details and to register, which all classes require, call 419.259.5209.