This is the 14th year the YWCA of Greater Toledo has recognized women of Northwest Ohio who have demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities and who have opened doors for other women to achieve milestones of their own. Honoree bios and photos will be made available at www.ywcatoledo.org.
“All of us at the YWCA are thrilled to be able to honor these seven wonderful women with this award,” said McDuffie. “We invite the community to join us for this awards luncheon and help us to pay tribute to this years Milestones Honorees.”
The YWCA Milestones: A Tribute to Women awards luncheon will be held at the SeaGate Convention Centre, March 26, 2009 at 11:30 a.m. Honoree bios and photos will be made available at www.ywcatoledo.org.
The YWCA of Greater Toledo, working to meet the diverse needs of women and the elimination of racism, serves more than 23,000 individuals each year through the following programs:
• Battered Women’s Shelter: Provides a 24/7 crisis shelter for victims of domestic violence and their children.
• Child Care Resource and Referral: Provides child care resource and referral services for parents searching for quality child care. Training and support for child care providers also available.
• Healthy Connections: ENCOREplus: Comprehensive breast cancer early detection program and support group that offers medically under-served women of all age’s life-saving information and no or low cost mammography screening.
• Healthy Connections: HEARTplus: A program that encourages a healthy life-style through education and fitness classes.
• H.O.P.E. Center (Help Options for People Experiencing violence): Provides a 24/7 hotline and 24/7 crisis intervention for survivors of sexual assault and their families; Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (S.A.N.E.) training and education; and community education and group counseling.
• Youth Development: Comprehensive teen pregnancy prevention program and after school Teen Outreach Program (TOP), for TPS students in middle and high school.
If you would like more information call 419-241-3235, or e-mail [email protected]