Ohio & Michigan's Oldest and Largest Latino Newspaper

Since 1989




    media kit    ad specs    classified ad rates    about us    contact us


Race for the Cure, Sept. 28

Toledo: The 15th Annual Susan G. Komen Northwest Ohio Race for the Cure is on Sunday, September 28 2008.  There’s a chip-timed 5K Run for competitive participants, a 5K Run/Walk, and a Family Fun Walk (approx. 1 mile).

After the Race, attend the awards ceremony and survivor celebration at Fifth third Field in downtown Toledo. Refreshments will be provided.  

Online Registration is open though September 21st at www.komennwohio.org .  Any online registrants up until that date can pick up their packets at Brondes Ford Maumee, located at 1511 Reynolds Rd. near the Dussel Rd. intersection, on Thursday, Sept. 25 from 10 am to 7 pm, Friday, Sept. 26 from 10 am to 7 pm, or Saturday, Sept. 27 from 10 am until 4 pm. 

Those who wish to register after the September 21st online cutoff can do so in person at Brondes Ford Maumee during the dates and times listed above.

Registration prior to race day is $30 for adults and on race day registration will be $40.  The registration fee for children 14 and under that are not chip-timed is $20 though Race Day.

 The 15th year marks the introduction of a new race course.  Participants will receive a course map printed on the back of their participant bib in their race packet.  A map is also available online at www.komennwohio.org

Up to 75% of the net proceeds raised at the Race and other Komen events remains in Northwest Ohio to fund local breast cancer education, screening and treatment grant programs.  The remaining 25% funds the Komen National Grant Program which is regarded as the most innovative and responsive grant program in breast cancer research today. 

Since its inception, the Northwest Ohio Affiliate and Race has raised more than $6.3 million in the 18-county service area, funding more than $3.8 million in local education, screening and treatment grants and more than $1.1 million for research grant funding.

For more Race information, please either call the Race Info Line at 419-824-1789 or e-mail [email protected]






Web laprensa





«Tinta con sabor»     Ink with flavor!



Spanglish Weekly/Semanal

Your reliable source for current Latino news and events with English and Spanish articles.
Contact us at [email protected] or call (419) 870-6565



Culturas Publication, Inc. d.b.a. La Prensa Newspaper

© Copyrighted by  Culturas Publication, Inc. 2008